I am excited about the start of a new school year.
However, as the school year begins, I find it necessary to inform
you of my classroom rules. To help insure a successful school
year, we have the following classroom rules:
• Do your best work quietly.
• Listen carefully and follow directions.
• Show respect to all.
• Raise your hand to be recognized.
• Move about safely and orderly.
When students have broken a classroom rule, they will be asked
to move their star down the red carpet. Students will receive
consequences for inappropriate behavior. Please note, each child
starts new each day.
Consequences are as follows:
• Time-out to think about their actions
• Loss of 5 minutes from recess
• Loss of 10 minutes from recess
• Parent contact by phone, note, or email
• Guidance or discipline referral
As the classroom teacher, I am ultimately responsible for the
safety and well being of your children during the school day.
With this in mind, I will use my discretion and take the appropriate
action necessary when dealing with your children.
Please review these rules with your child to make sure he/she
understands them and how the rules will help us all have a great
Thank you for your support.